So late to the party... I just beat Destiny last night. (Destiny)

by bryan newman @, Kentucky, Sunday, September 28, 2014, 14:11 (3501 days ago)

I haven't been to DBO in ages. You all know I'm a Halo fan first. Sorry if I'm just retreading what you guys probably went over like 2 weeks ago.

So destiny... It's fun(ish), it's Beautiful, and it has a really great sound track (Sets a wonderful tone, especially when fighting the Cabal)

That all said....

What the fuck did I just beat? I have zero fucking clue who these people are, what the traveler is, what the bad guy heart thing is (a vex of some kind?). What the fuck are the Vex, Fallen, Cabal, Hive etc?... I haven't read the grimoire cards yet so this might be partially my fault but I have no idea what is really happening. It felt incredibly Good=Light Bad=Dark the end.

It was entertaining enough I guess but it felt so rinse and repeat. No subtance. No variety. I found myself for the first time ever not giving two shits about a Bungie games story.

Halo always had some amazing gameplay mechanic, set piece, plot something that was so gripping... This just doesn't have what ever that Halo spark was in my opinion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread